Google Adsense is the most popular ad network on the planet. A lot of Blogger users also use it. It's an endless discussion where to place these ads on your blog for maximum exposure. The best ad places are around the header or above the posts or below the post titles. You can easily add adsense in your sidebar as a gadget. But Blogger doesn't allows us to directly place the ads below post titles. The ads below post titles have proven to be one of the most successful money making positions. So, what are you waiting for? Follow this tutorial to add your Adsense ads below post titles.
- Log in to Google Adsense (opens in tab/window) to create a new ad unit.
- For best results choose wide ad size -either 300x250 Medium Rectangle or 336x250 Large Rectangle format. Make sure you assign a new ad channel to it for performance monitoring purposes.
- When the setup is complete, you will be given a code.
- Run the code through an HTML escape tool to escape special characters in the code. The ad won’t appear if you use the original unescaped ad code.
- Copy the escaped code.
2. Adding ad code to the template
- Go to Dashboard > Design > Edit HTML.
- Tick the Expand Widget Templates check box on top right of the HTML window.
- Look for the following line in your HTML code:
- Paste the escaped ad code right above the line, like so:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> PLACE AD CODE HERE </b:if>
the conditional tag in lines 1 and 3 will make the ad appear only on post pages. If you want the ad to appear on all pages, just remove the lines.
- Save and view your blog.