To start developing, you can download the Windows Phone SDK Online Installer from here or the Offline Installer from here and start developing.
For those who do not want to download the big files can use an alternate method. The download will be smaller in that case but you need to have Visual Studio 2010 (or higher) installed on your computer.
- You need to have Visual Studio 2010 installed on your computer.
- You also need to have Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1.
- Download & install Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) from here.
- Run Web PI as Administrator-
- After some time, it will refresh the product list. Once you see the list you can find Windows Phone SDK there. Click on the Add button-
- You can see the Windows Phone SDK’s size is less than 4MB.
You can hit “I Accept” button to get going. In total you will not download more than 15MB
Developers from some country may not find their name listed on the website. Well, don’t get upset as Microsoft has Global Publisher Program for you. To know more about Global Publisher Program please visit the Global Publisher page on MSDN.