1. Log in to feedburner and on the start page, burn your feed. If you’re on Blogger, your feed address should be http://your-site.com/feeds/posts/default and if you’re on WordPress, it’s http://your-site.com/feed
2. On the next page, configure the feed, give it your desired name and note the address. Follow the next couple of steps to activate the feed.
How to Add the Email / Social Media to Blogger
To add the widget below your blog posts:
1. Log in to blogger
2. Go to Template > Edit HTML (new blogger UI) or Design > Edit HTML (old blogger UI)
3. Check the “Expand Widget Templates” box
4. Search for <data:post.body/>
If you have more than one of this in your template and confused about which one to use, search for
<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-1'/> instead.
5. Right below this, paste this code:
Things to change in the code:
http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=doncaprio – You should replace this with your feedburner email subscription link. To get this, log in to feedburner, click on your feed. Then go to Publicize > Email Subscription. Activate and get the email subscription link under Subscription Link Code.
doncaprio – Replace this with your feed title. You should also see this at the end of your subscription link url. Mine is doncaprio as seen in this link: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=doncaprio
http://feeds.feedburner.com/doncaprio – Replace this with your feedburner link.
http://twitter.com/doncaprio – Replace with your twitter profile link
http://www.facebook.com/capriotips – Your facebook page or profile link here
https://plus.google.com/104745456339871522709/ – Replace with your Google+ profile link
Adding the Subscription Box to your WordPress Blog
If you can edit your single.php file, you should be able to place it below your blog posts but there’s an easier way to get this done.
- Download and install Post Layout plugin – this plugin lets you format your post pages the way you like.
- Go to Settings > Post Layout
- Paste the code in the box labelled After the Content