Note: On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external. This is because the phone reports the storage that way. If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing the reset.
* Automatic Scheduled Backups.
* View Backup Contents on the phone.
* Option to backup selected conversations only.
* Backups are created in XML Format on the SD Card. The XML can then be converted to other formats and can also be viewed on a computer. Check the FAQs for all the information.
* Send Backup file by Email.
* Internet permission for Ads.
* MMS not supported yet.
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before reporting problems with the app.
Developers are not able to respond to comments posted on the market, so if you have question or a problem please either send emails or post them on the website.
NOTE: There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
This App needs the following permissions to work:
* Storage – modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
* Your messages – edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
* Your personal information – read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
* Network communication – full Internet access (android.permission.INTERNET): For displaying Ads.
* Network State – (android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE): Required by the Google Admob Ads so that it can check the state of the network before requesting Ads.
* System tools – prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
* Hardware controls – control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
* Read Phone State and Identity – To fix an error caused during Restore on some phones.